- There are many different opinions with regard to when the Coarsegold Rodeo began. Many a cowboy says it began in the 20’s, the 30’s, stopped for awhile, and started back up in the 50’s. So for this site, we are going to go with 1952!
- It was held at the McAllister ranch for years before moving to the Bohna ranch, where it has been held since the 1970’s!
- The Coarsegold rodeo has been put on by many different groups over the years, within the last few decades, the Coarsegold Rodeo Association, a non-profit organization was established.
- That non-profit put on the event every year.
- Now in effort to maintain the associations commitment to the non-profit groups, youth, and families of Eastern Madera County “Coarsegold Gold Rush Days” is established and is committed to ensuring and maintaining the mission of giving back.
- We look forward to you having a hooping good time with us at our event.
- Look for the event at the corner of Hwy 41 and Rd. 415; the site of the great Coarsegold Peddlers Fair.